Group Accidental Death & Dismemberment
underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company
YOUR FAMILY’S LIFE COULD CHANGE IN AN INSTANT
Accidents are sudden. Often leaving a family in financial distress and making it difficult to keep up with bills, mortgage and other living expenses.
Apply Online Apply By Mail
*Products are available in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, California and Massachusetts.
Eligibility & Exclusions
Who Is Eligible?
Medical and dental professionals under age 60 who are actively at full-time work (30 hours per week) may enroll for Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance at group rates. You may also include coverage for your spouse, if under age 60.
Coverage is currently available in: CA, CT, MA, MD, NJ, NY, PA
Features & Optional Benefits
Added Protection for You and Your Family
- Supplement your insurance portfolio with protection for accidental death or dismemberment.
- Members may select limits of $100,000, $200,000, or $300,000.
Two Plan Options
- Applicant Only or Applicant and Spouse Plan. Under the Applicant and Spouse Plan, your spouse receives 50% of your principal sum.
- There are no health questions on the application and no medical exams to take. Eligible members and their families are guaranteed acceptance.
- Rates are not based on age. Premiums will not increase as you get older
- Once you put this insurance protection in place, your coverage is renewable to age 70 as long as you pay the premiums when due, the Group Policy remains in force and you remain actively at work. Coverage for your spouse will cease when your insurance does, or when your spouse reaches age 70.
Effective Date of Coverage
- All coverage issued will be effective on the 1st of the month following receipt of your enrollment form and your first premium. Applicants and their covered spouses must not be hospitalized on the date this insurance takes effect. If hospitalized, the insurance will take effect on the next business day after being discharged.
Current 2016 Semi-Annual Rates
100% of Principal Sum is Payable for the loss of:
· two limbs
· movement of both upper and lower limbs (quadriplegia)
· sight of both eyes
· both speech and hearing
75% of Principal Sum is payable for loss of:
· movement of both lower limbs (paraplegia)
50% of Principal Sum is payable for loss of:
· one limb
· movement of both upper and lower limbs of one side of the body (hemiplegia)
· sight of one eye
25% of Principal Sum is payable for loss of:
· the thumb and index finger on one hand
Other Coverage Benefits
- Loss of sight, speech or hearing means total and permanent loss
- Loss of limb means severance through or above the wrist or ankle
- Loss of thumb and index finger means severance through or proximal to the metacarpophalangeal joints
- Loss of movement of limbs means total and permanent paralysis of such limbs
- No more than one benefit, the largest benefit, is payable for all losses to the same limb due to or related to any one accident.
Benefits are not payable for loss caused by suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injury; insurrection, war or act of war; disease, bodily or mental sickness or treatment of that sickness; committing a crime or an attempt to do so; air travel unless riding as a fare-paying passenger on a licensed, commercial, non-military aircraft; service in the armed forces; flight in any type of aircraft as a member of the crew or as the pilot, licensed or unlicensed.
Applying is Easy!
Simply click below and enroll online in a matter of minutes. Acceptance is guaranteed and there are no health questions to answer or medical exams to take. Send no money now.
Apply Online Apply By Mail
30 Day Free Look
When you become insured, you will receive a Certificate of Insurance summarizing your benefits under the plan. If you are not satisfied with your coverage for any reason, you may return it, without claim, within 30 days. Your coverage will be invalidated and you will be sent a full refund of your premium.
This website provides a general description of the insurance plan offered and is not a contract. Complete terms, conditions, exclusions, limitations, and renewability requirements are detailed in Group Policy No. G-29480-0/GMR-FACE issued to the Insurance Trust of the Professions.
Questions? Call: 877-867-1892
Sidney A. Sass and Associates
4400 HWY 9, Suite 2800
Freehold, NJ 07728
CA License #0549790
New York Life Insurance Company
51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010
On Policy Form G-29480-0/GMR-FACE